Posted by Salthouse / June 11th 2021
World Gin Day - Strawberry & Tellicherry Black Pepper Gin
Pepper is a key botanical found in gin. If you fancy creating your own gin flavours why not try this simple strawberry and black pepper gin recipe.
You will need:
- 500ml mason jar
- 350ml gin - A bottle of mid-range supermarket dry quality
- 200g Strawberries
- 10 Tellicherry Black Peppercorns
- 50g Caster Sugar
1. Trim the strawberries and cut them in halves or quarters
2. Pour the gin into the jar and add the sugar. Stir well, then add the strawberries and Tellicherry black peppercorns and place in the fridge.
3. Leave to steep for 3 days. Once or twice a dat take it out and give it a stir to dissolve the sugar. (Please note the strawberries will shrink and lose colour).
4. Sieve out the pepper and strawberries and transfer the gin to a bottle. Store in the fridge.
Enjoy with prosecco, vermouth or mint & cloudy lemonade!